Pages


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Grocery Store Clerk - WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET

Yesterday, I was entering the store when I just happened to look up and notice the store's appearance.  To the left, of the front entrance, is the Produce Department  and all of the bright colors of the various fruits and vegetables just seemed to draw my attention like a magnet.  All of the oranges, apples, lemons, etc., are lined up neatly, row after row, and the tables are stacked in a way that gives a neat display.  All in all, this department is not only inviting but it can also work up ones appetite.  The colors, as they blend together, gives the department an appearance of that of a painting as it lights up the corner of the store.

When I first came to work at this store, I use to read a grocery magazine that I would find just lying around the office.  Since I had no knowledge of the grocery business, I was eager to learn.  One article, that I remember, referred to a store's appearance.  The article went on to say that a customer's first opinion of the store is whatever they see when they walk in the door which is why, some stores put their  Floral Departments up front.  Flowers represent freshness, provide beauty and give the customer an idea of what they can find throughout the store.  I guess you could call it, a 'calling card,' of sorts.

So, in passing, I complimented the Produce Manager on his department and, without missing a beat, he gave the credit to his guys.  Wow!  To me, this response showed respect and when a department has respect, amongst its workers, then you can see it in the employees' work - and that only promotes better Customer Service.

Way to go guys!

Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment