Pages


Saturday, November 5, 2011

Grocery Store Clerk - HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW

Recently a friend asked me if I had had my evaluation with my manager yet;  the answer was no.  This is something new for us, we are use to 'One on Ones'. 'One on Ones', is a term used for when managers meet with their staff on a monthly basis to review; work performance, goals and usually notes of what direction the company is going.  Of course all of this depends on the manager, one has, as to how this procedure goes down.  As for me, my experiences have always been pleasant.  But, then again, I have always been lucky as to the managers that I have had.

But, now we are presently learning about evaluations.  Now I understand that most companies do this - just not us.  So this past week we anxiously reviewed, with each other, how we rated ourselves on this evaluation  that we filled out.  The comments have been many and the laughs abundant, and now we are bracing ourselves as to how management will look upon us.

Will they see us, as we see ourselves?  Probably not. 

Whatever, the outcome might be, I believe that this will definitely put a whole new outlook on our jobs.  Not by the company but, instead, by the employees.  Here you have people that, in some cases, work more than one department and, due to the cut in payroll, you have less people doing more work on fewer hours.  

In other words, working more and making less.

This is all understandable during these difficult, economic times when companies are trying to maintain.  And my compliments to the employees that struggle to help these companies stay afloat.  Because that is what these employees are doing, they are struggling. 

So, I hope during these evaluations the company, and management alike, will look favorably and honestly on their staff.  That they will compliment the employees for extending themselves when the need called for it and, patting them on the back for rolling with the punches.

But most important, saying, "Thank you, for helping us stay in business."

Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment