Pages


Monday, June 3, 2013

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - FAMILIAR FACES

With all of the changes that we have faced recently, along with the unknown developments we are about to encounter, I have to admit that it leaves one just a little skeptical of the future.

While the store was busy this weekend, and that felt good, I happened to realize one important detail - all of these customers were unfamiliar faces.

For a minute, I stood there in the produce department and took a good look around me and not one familiar face did I see.  People were hustling through the department picking up the produce as they made their way through the store, asking for directions to further their shopping.

I was amazed.

But as I started to think about this, I realized that I hadn't seen many familiar faces throughout the last couple of weeks - or so.

There are certain shoppers that will shop on specific days of the week and then there are some shoppers that will show up two to three times a week; this is how one keeps track of the local traffic.

These customers, which we are use to seeing, are familiar faces and familiarity is a good thing; something one can count on, a sense of security.

As the weekend came to an end, I have to say that I was a little disappointed that most of the usual customers didn't seem to be coming around anymore.  Maybe it's because, when working in this type of environment you look forward to the casual conversations, the compliments - that familiarity.

After all, it's the customers that you really work for and if they don't come around then why are you working so hard - if not to please them?

Talk at ya later!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment