Pages


Friday, June 14, 2013

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - CORPORATE ETIQUETTE


Yesterday, was the usual Thursday; delivery, stocking, watering and anything else that came along. But something occurred earlier, within the day, that has stayed on my mind; being ignored.

I had just finished cutting a couple cases of flowers and had taken them out to the floor, where I was soon joined by corporate officials.  Well not joined, exactly, more like within their presence.

Standing a foot away from me, they were examining a spot where the plants are located.  They conversed amongst themselves and not once looked at me or acknowledged my standing next to them.

I have only been to the corporate office about twice in the last three years.  The first time, the main man shook my hand and commented on how much I looked like Sandra Bullock.  Cool!  The second time, I don't even remember seeing any corporate officials.

But yesterday there I stood, with my name badge on, and was not even given any form of acknowledgement.

Guess I don't look like Sandra anymore. 

But, a customer came by, pushing a cart, and guess what?  These corporate officials went out of their way to speak to the customer.  Customer Service!

A few months ago, I read an article about a company located on the east coast.  This company has been in business for five generations and was originally located in Hungary but came to America in the 18th Century. After five generations, this company remains owned and operated by the family. 

As for the employees of this company, past and present, there is no recollection of any layoffs.

Their secret?  The company takes care of it's employees and the employees take care of the company.

Needless to say, much has changed over the last few centuries but the one thing that has remained the same is the strength of  this business.  Strength that can only come from the unity of a business and it's employees.

I guess that there is a lesson to be had here.

Talk at ya later!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment