Pages


Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - ACTIONS vs WORDS

They say that, 'actions speak louder then words' - I will have to take their word on that.  Whoever, they are.  But, if you ask me, I believe the two are equal.

With all of the new faces showing up at the store, over the last month or so, I have noticed a change in attitudes and grammar amongst some of these new customers.

Now granted, we have our usual - like 'Indiana Jones', a well deserved nickname because this customer looks the part; complete with sidearm.  We just wish he had the personality that his romantic, heroic namesake portrays.  Unfortunately, he does not.

Then there is the lady who likes to throw things.  As I walked by her one day, without a word, she  tossed a flattened loaf of bread at me and said, "I don't want this."

But on the whole, I have to say that I am spoiled.  Most of our customers are really nice to us.  It is just that every once in awhile, we have to remind ourselves of that.

But a change seems to be taking place and it is starting to surround us on a daily basis.

There are far more people that are rude.  And as I stock the tables at night I find more bags of food that have been opened and taken from.  As if that were not enough, some that come through the store seem to be on a power kick.

The other day, while in the Produce Department, a young woman approached me concerning  a cake she had ordered and that she was there to pick it up.  With no one in Bakery, at the time, I told her that I would get it for her.  She gave me the name and I found her cake and brought it to her.  Handing her the cake, I waited to make sure everything was correct and was about to thank her for her order when she said, "I guess I'd better look at it and see if every thing's okay or if I am going to have to kick someones f______ ass."  With that, I turned and left and didn't look back.

At home I have a sign hanging next to my easel, which reads, 'Humor, never leave home without it.'

Although I may believe in what the sign says,  I can honestly say that lately, I am having a hard time practicing it.

Talk at ya later!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment