Pages


Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - THE CHRISTMAS GIFT

Since I have been on vacation, I have been up in my studio painting away at my easel.  Leaving the Laptop behind I have opted for brushes instead of a keyboard.  But, come lunchtime I hit the kitchen and grab a feast and, instead of heading back up to the easel, I make a right to the office and sit down at the Laptop. 

Just to check my email, of course.

Before you know it I have ventured onto the news sites and what do I find, but an article about a grocery store.  Please, I am on vacation.

Having just read the first couple of lines of the story, I was hooked and had to finish.

It seems that an owner of three grocery stores, out in Minnesota and North Dakota, has decided to retire after 46 years in the business; all of which time was spent working and growing his business.

After that many years in the grocery business, anyone would be ready for retirement. 

But here is the surprise ending to this story: instead of selling the business, he is transferring ownership to his 400 employees.  Sound a little off -beat?  Perhaps, but he has a reason and it's a good one.

You see, he feels that his employees are 'largely responsible' for his success and with that in mind, he feels that they deserve the benefit of the success.

So, to 400 employees in Minnesota and North Dakota - Merry Christmas!

But the real gift in this story is that this employer knew how he had become a success and was grateful.

Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment