Pages


Friday, September 27, 2013

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - IN THE COMFORT ZONE

No doubt about it, we get a lot of compliments.  And yet there are many times when we don't feel as though anyone notices, just how valuable we are.  Sad, but true.

Take for instance, the latest Mystery Shopper's Report.  Yep, it's the same old song and dance routine.

First on the list was a department that didn't have anyone on the floor - that would be me.  Perhaps I was not.  Instead, I could have been in the back prep-room bagging broccoli or green beans or maybe I was crisping lettuce or traying potatoes to put out on the floor.  Or, just maybe, I was flexing on a register or helping a customer locate a product.  Next, there were two people that did not look up from what they were doing to greet the customer;  one was hanging price tags on the shelves.  Oh yeah, and the pop machines were out of order.

Now even though we know that there are logical explanations as to what was going on when this Mystery Shopper strolled our way, it still has an affect on us;  kind of like being hit over the head.  Because no matter how hard you try or how much you do, it always comes down to what that one person wrote down on a report. 

But I have discovered, on many occasions, that when I am feeling down about these things it is ultimately the customers who lift me.  And today was no exception.

"Do you know why I shop here?"  a customer asked. 
"You people make me feel comfortable when I come here."  she said.

Ironic, isn't it? 

Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment