Pages


Friday, April 13, 2012

Grocery Store Clerk - THE REPORT!

Hallelujah!  About time! A Mystery Shopper came through our store and gave us high marks.  My understanding, is that we were the highest in the company.  After all of the postings that I have done about the business of Mystery Shoppers, it is nice to see that at least one person came through that was able to see what our store is all about;  good Customer Service.  Or, better put, people who care about the jobs that they perform for the store in which they work.

Mystery Shoppers, are just people - like you and me.  They may be having a good day, or bad, their likes and dislikes may vary and then of course there is the matter of personalities that come into play.  I have often thought, that I, or any of my co-workers for that matter, would make a great Mystery Shopper.  I am familiar with the business and understand what I see going on around me.  For instance, if an employee is busy putting out product then I do not expect them to make eye contact with me in passing; not until I request assistance and then of course I am sure to be polite in asking.   Quite frankly, one cannot judge without understanding what they are judging.

And when I checkout, if that cashier doesn't sound like a recording when asking me all of those little questions, that will be okay, too.  I am more interested in the sincerity of the cashier.  If they make me feel appreciated for shopping there and give me an overall good feeling, then that means everything to me as a shopper.  And should I have to stand in line and wait to place my order, or to  check out, then I am bound to look around and notice how that particular department is staffed.  This is something that has no bearing on the employees.

I have been to other stores and have come across quite a few employees who feel that they are the best when it comes to Customer Service.  I know this, for they have told me so.  But then when you see these very employees off the floor you find that the Customer Service, that they demonstrate, is that of a false nature.  Simply put, they are fakes.  At our store the service that our employees provide is sincere.  As you see them on the floor, they are the same when off the clock.  And this personality that they demonstrate can be felt by the customers, because it is consistent. 

These people, that I work with, are a caring bunch.  Not only do they care about each other, but also about the customers that they serve.  This characteristic, that they possess, shows pride - in their service which in turn reflects on the store.

So here's to the Mystery Shopper, that noticed,  Much Appreciated

Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment