Pages


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

CINCIGAL GROCERY STORE CLERK - FOR SANDY

We, employees, like to celebrate.  Be it a baby shower, a birthday or if someone is leaving - we will celebrate.  There will be a committee for a baby shower, making arrangements for a cake to be made in someones honor or just someone getting on the PA and making an announcement, "We would like to wish _______, a Happy Birthday."  Whatever the occasion is, we will celebrate it and eat cake.

But, for the first time, we now have a different type of celebration -  an engagement.

There she stood with her ring finger out to display a dazzling, sparkling ring and while sporting the biggest smile, I have ever seen, she announced her engagement. 

To state that I am happy for her, goes without saying.  In fact, I am ecstatic.

Over the years, I have been around this lady as she has handled some very tough situations in her life.  With grace and dignity, she tackled each and every issue that was thrown her way and it is partly due to this, that she gained my respect and friendship.  Throughout the years I have watched her grow from a hardworking woman going through life, day by day, to a lady in control, working hard at her job as well as her life.

And now, she is shining.

I guess, good things do happen to good people - she is proof.

But, you know what I like best about her?

She calls me, 'Friend.'

Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment