Pages


Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Grocery Store Clerk - WHO WE ARE

Every day that I go to work, I never really know what to expect.  The routine is basically simple enough; either I am working in one department or another.  As to the type of work, that I will perform, will depend on the department that I am working in.  Other then that, everything else is up in the air and it can change at any given moment.  Actually, you never really know what to expect or, for that matter, what you can count on. 

However, there is always one thing that I have found consistent - my fellow employees.  Behind the walls and automatic doors, there is a story of how employees carry on day after day.  It's about how they manage to make it work and how they look upon what they do for a living.  Together, they represent a united workforce and manage to maintain no matter what ills they may personally be facing.  They are each others shoulders through bad times, sounding boards for when things get just a little chaotic and the ears for the laughter that they share.  Through good times, and bad, they are there for each other.

This type of job defines a person's true character, because it is not the job one does as compared to the way a person does their job.  After almost ten years, I can say that it has been a long and somewhat fulfilling journey.  Even though there has been no financial gain, and no climb up the corporate ladder, it has been well worth the time in many respects.  But what is more important is that it has been an eye opener as to the assets that these people, that I work with, provide the workforce.

Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment