Pages


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Grocery Store Clerk - TEAMWORK

While I was at work yesterday, I happened to notice  one of the employees go over and help another employee carry a load  to the dumpster.  Then later, I watched as an employee helped out in a department that was being over run with customers.  That's when I realised, just how much my fellow co-workers are always helping each other.  For example, just last week I noticed one of the guys from the Produce Department run over to the Deli Department to answer their phone and take an order.  There he was, busy stocking an end cap and looked up when he heard the Deli phone ring.  Having noticed that the employees were too busy to answer the phone, he took care of it for them.  This is nothing new. 

Then on Frontlines, where the cashiers have to bag the orders as they are rung out, I have witnessed many times as a cashier will jump in to help bag a large order even while they are working at another post. Kind of like doing two things at once.  Even I had someone come to my rescue as  I tried effortlessly to break down a large, cardboard bin;  that thanks goes to the Meat Manager.

In each of these cases, no one asked for help.  Instead, an employee was spotted having some difficulty and another employee took it upon themselves to help remedy the situation. 

Around the store the main topic is always about Customer Service but, very rarely do you hear just how much these employees are always helping each other.  It used to be called, Team Work.  

But, in all reality, these daily actions are what define most of the employees that I work with. 

Perhaps, this is what makes these employees so good at this thing called, Customer Service.

Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment