Pages


Monday, October 13, 2014

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX

The first year I was employed at the store, I had a customer come up to me and say, "Don't get comfortable or you will never leave."   I did.  To me, it was taking a breath.  Here I was living in a new community having moved from out of state.  I knew no one but my family and had spent a year looking for a job after the job, which I had lined up prior to moving, fell through .  For me, it was like having the opportunity to breathe.

The pay was above normal wages and my income continued to increase quickly.  There were Benefits, 401K, health insurance - all one had to do was work.  Soon my life began to revolve around the store and I made friends and had places to go and, well, it was an ok deal.  So yes, I got comfortable.

But those were the good old days and today is not nearly as good.

Within the last two weeks our store lost two more people.  Each of them an asset; hard workers, customer oriented, dependable and they fit.  And with their leaving I started thinking that, well just maybe there was a reason besides the obvious.  They lost so much staying with the company but in another way just maybe they gained something. 

With the actions that the company has taken, slowly decreasing the employees to nothing, they have provided us something - a push.  Their actions have made us start thinking and with that, we started searching for a better life.  With what we thought may not be possible is now becoming a reality for so many. 

This company will never again find in employees what they had in all of the employees they have lost. 

But the fact still remains it is the company's actions that have made people start thinking 'outside the box." 

And somewhere, there are other employers who are reaping the rewards.

Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment