Pages


Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - TELL ME NO LIES!

With the amount of people that I run into on a daily basis it is amazing, to me, all of the conversations and incidences that I can seem to recall.  In fact, my memory is so sharp on these matters that I find that there is not one detail of which I do not remember. 

Which has always made me wonder as to why my mind cannot be that sharp on my own personal matters like remembering to pay the water bill, forgetting the grocery list or trying to remember where I put the car keys; in the car and it is locked.

But, this is the way my mind operates and it continually upsets me.

On the other hand, sometimes it is a good thing.

Yesterday, I was told that a customer called the store and complained about me.  It seems that this customer wanted to speak with the store manager, and followed through with a complaint about how rude I was.  She, the customer, mentioned the department, day and how this was to have occurred.  The store manager, being professional, took the complaint and that was that.  Or, so I am told. 

The reason why?  Because the incident occurred in front of the store manager and, I am told, I was not rude.  In fact, there was no incident at all.  Which left us to wonder.

Over time, I have watched as some customers have complained about certain employees.  When this occurred, it was almost always guaranteed that the customer could receive a gift card, sometimes as high as $50.00.  It did not matter if the customer was in the wrong or not; most generally they were.

Then I have witnessed times, where a customer would complain about an employee only to have another customer, who had witnessed the incident, come from behind to act in the employees defense.

There are always going to be complaints, I guess.  And unfortunately, it is the employee who most generally ends up on the short end.

But, I was fortunate.

This ordeal happened on Saturday night and the store manager had come to get me since a customer needed assistance.  Together we walked out to the customer and I asked as to how I could help.  Her response;

"When did you start working in produce?"
"I always have." I said.

With that the customer backed off and said, that she didn't need any help and off she went.

Yes, the incident was hard to understand but I figured it out. 

This particular lady likes to find product that she thinks she can get marked down, in fact that is all that she buys, and my guess is that she has approached me in the past and I did not do as she wanted.  So, she does not want me to wait on her.  In fact, she doesn't want me in the department - she likes the guys better.

So, there you have it.

Even though this ordeal is rather strange, to say the least, there is something to be learned here.

A customer calls in a complaint on an employee, and the complaint is basically a lie.  Had the store manager not been there, or the girl from the deli not witnessed it, what would have happened?  Would I have been believed?  Or, would this customer have gotten her way?

Something to think about!

Talk at ya later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment