Pages


Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - SHOPPING TREND

Since I was getting off of work, earlier than usual, I decided to pick up a few things and make my semi-annual shopping trip to Target.  After all, it's right on my way to the house.

With list in hand I entered the store, picked up a basket and started making my way to the necessary aisles to complete my list.

First off, the jewelry department.  Having found what I wanted I began to look around for a clerk since the item was in a locked case.  Instead of a clerk I found a red box with a button on it; push the button if you need assistance.  Pushing the button, I hear a voice informing me that someone will be assisting me in 60 seconds.  Sure enough, a clerk appeared.

Okay, next on the list was a DVD Player.  Yep, I guess that seven years is the extent of service for these technical gadgets and I must replace mine.  So, I hunt and am unable to find where these gadgets are and in looking around I find that I don't see a clerk anywhere.  But on the counter sits another red box with a button.  Pushing the button, I hear the same recording as I did in the jewelry department.  But sure enough, within 60 seconds - I think - here comes a clerk.

Now this clerk was polite, but unfortunately did not know that department so we searched together.

The next thing on my list are shoes.  In order to get to the shoe aisles one has to step over shoes that are scattered everywhere.  And when I finally made my way down the aisle, I was disappointed because all that were out, were sandals.  What a mess.

The last things on my list are vitamins and a supplement, which I forgot to pick up at the store.  And, that too was a disappointment.  Although the store handled my brands, their selection was so limited that I could not find what I was needing.

So between the messy aisles, lack of staff and the limited selection, I am not so sure that this is how I want to shop.

And what really gets me, is that I have heard customers complain about lack of staff and limited selection at our store.  My questions is, WHY?

Our store is not messy and is small enough to where you can locate assistance and as for selection, I found things that we have that other stores don't have.

Making my way out to the parking lot, I realize that I don't like this new trend of shopping and made myself a promise that I do not think that I will be back anytime soon.  I want to see the faces of clerks in the departments I am shopping in, not pushing a little button and having to wait for someone who has had to run an aisle or two. 

And when I am talking to a clerk, I prefer that I get to ask a complete question not have to wait while a clerk has to listen and respond to the two-way radio they must carry.

And please, clean up the messy aisles so a shopper can look at the merchandise instead of trip over it.

Apparently, consumers don't mind this type of shopping; maybe it's because they think that they are saving money.  Because if consumers did mind, it's a guarantee that companies would be making some changes.

Once in my vehicle, and key in ignition, I look out the windshield and have the answer of where to shop - Sears.

Now why didn't I think of that earlier?

Talk at ya later!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment