Pages


Monday, February 4, 2013

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - 'A LOT OF GOOD PEOPLE'

There's a phrase, that I have been hearing quite a bit lately;  'There's a lot of good people here.'  That's the opinion going around.  This week, it seemed, every time I turned around I was hearing this phrase.  Why?  Not sure.

The first time I heard it, was from an employee.

Another employee was making an exit and as he left, he stated how much he was going to miss some of  his fellow co-workers.  "There's a lot of good people here." he said.

Then, while I was stocking a bin in Produce, a customer came strolling through - one that I had not seen for quite awhile.  She stopped to visit and, during the conversation, she filled me in on what had been going on in her life.   Apparently she had moved and was no longer living within blocks of the store.  Since relocating, she had started shopping at another store that was closer to her residence.  Having gotten tired of this particular store, she decided to go the extra miles and shop with us.  "I'm sorry, I just couldn't handle it anymore." she said.  "I had gotten to the point that I dreaded going to the store; they are rude,  no service and hey, the prices are the same."

"So, I am back." she said.  "I like coming here, there's good people here."

"It's good seeing you." I said.  "It's good to be back." she responded.

The average opinion of the employees, that I work with, is that they are friendly; be it from the customers or management.  And when speaking of these people, there is generally a catchphrase used, 'lot of good people'.

So, even if we are a small store, don't carry the biggest selection and perhaps our building is a little dated, we seem to have a bigger value - 'a lot of good people'.


Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment