Pages


Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - 'SEE YA TOMORROW?'

I would think that each day, as I get ready to go to work, I would get that dreaded feeling.  But, that has not been the case.  In a way, I have been eager to get to the store.  Walking in and hearing those familiar voices greet me, the chit-chat that we all seem to share and just knowing that those familiar faces will be here. The same thing day in and day out. All the things that I have always looked forward to throughout these years.

Circulating on FB is a picture of so many of this group that I have worked with for so long. 

Today, it was decided that we would all sit down and have, what a couple of the girls coined as, 'our last supper'.  On the menu was Pizza, soft drinks and to complete the affect was an autumn themed table cloth, candles and even a center piece someone had found.  There was plenty of laughter, lots of talking and, as the picture shows, a lot of smiling faces. 

It was, as it has always in the past, a good time.

When it was time for one of the girls to leave, she clocked out and as she passed me, she said, 'See ya tomorrow?'  And that is when it hit me.

This is the one liner that I have heard every day, I have worked here.   As co-workers would leave you would always hear someone ask, 'See ya tomorrow?'  I am not sure if anyone else ever noticed this but, like a ritual, it is the one thing that I have heard repeated more than anything else in this store.

There have been a few times that I have had to remove myself from the floor in order to regain my composure. And today, was no exception.

As I sit here and look at the picture, posted on FB, I have to admit that I am choked up.  Not to see these faces every day, not to hear my name being called from across the floor or get that chance to chit chat will be very difficult to get use to.

And, along with everything else, there will be nobody asking me,
'See ya tomorrow?'

Talk at ya later!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment