Pages


Friday, February 13, 2015

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - MY STUFF!

In my home is a collection of 'stuff', which I often refer to as my 'collectable clutter.'  It is my 'stuff', a collection of things that reminds me of where I have been, who is dear to me and those that I have lost. 

In all reality it is, my world.

Much is the same for me in the store where I work.

Having been told that we are about  to have a big cleaning spree I find that I have some 'collectable clutter'.  Sitting on my work table is a black, plastic container that holds scissors, ribbon, pinecones and wire, all things necessary for making floral arrangements.  But, tucked underneath these tools are a pile of note cards and envelopes all, of which, are addressed to me.  So I took a moment and went through them one by one.

These notes say, 'Thank you', 'Much appreciated,' 'You're the best', and more.

The notes are a reminder of everything I have done.

For all the years I have been doing this job I sometimes lose sight of, just maybe, what I have accomplished.

Things are different now but, not too long ago I provided customers with something that they liked, wanted and apparently were appreciative of.

So I will take these cards home and add them to the rest of my collectables.  Somewhere down the road I, once again, will find them and take a moment to read the words written inside.  And, again, I will probably get that feeling of accomplishment.

I don't do all of the things, at work, like I use to because anymore it is of little concern to the company.  And that I have had to learn to accept.  But at least for now I will have the reminder that, at one time, what I did made a difference. 

For me, that means that it was all worthwhile.

Talk at ya later!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment