Pages


Saturday, March 15, 2014

Cincigal Grocery Store Clerk - ACCEPTING CHANGE/OR NOT

Now that my life has made a 180 degree change, I find that most things remain the same.   And to celebrate this grand event of retirement (semi), I took a week off.  Just to kind of get the feel of things.

But before I took this little vacation, the company decided to play the 'move the managers around' game.

Here we go again!

What is ironic about this move, is that customers can always tell when a new manager comes into the picture; department/store appearance is always a dead give-away.  What use to be, no longer is and what wasn't, now is.

So after a week off, I went back to work and when I walked into the store I noticed something which I had not seen in a long time - change.

Now I was looking at the store as a customer would and it was rather disappointing, to say the least.

What use to be colorful was now drab and what use to look organized now appeared cluttered.  And product that once aroused the appetite now didn't look so fresh and inviting.

It was disappointing to see this change, but I just kind of shook it off and proceeded to go and clock in.

If there is one thing which I have learned, while working in this store, it is that change is not always good.  In fact, it seems that we take  five steps back before we take one step forward.  And is anything ever learned from these changes?  Not really.  Changes continue to be made in an attempt to find the perfect formula.  Kind of like 'grasping at straws'.

So now we start over - again.

All of the hard work and pride of the past will slowly fade and a new formula comes into play.

And the one thing I have always noticed, when these changes take place, is that the party implementing the change always, 'knows what they are doing'.

That is until the changes do not show any improvement in the bottom line. 

And then, of course, there will be another change.

Talk at ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment